Heritage Home Tours
Celebrating the 100th anniversary of one of the oldest homes in Lake Forest Park and the oldest school building, the Shoreline Historical Museum/Heritage Center @ Shoreline, with the gracious permission of Ron and Geri Hoefer, conducted a Home and Garden Tour of the Alexander H. Reid property. The beautiful home, its surrounding grounds, and the darling, 100 year-old first Lake Forest Park Schoolhouse are located on 3.5 acres of the original estate, nestled in the genteel past of the community.
Stay Tuned for other Heritage Center @ Shoreline tours!
Tour Guidelines for All Heritage Home Tours:
- Due to the age of the home and general setting, the tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- In deference to the home owners, visitors will be allowed to take off their shoes while walking through the home and schoolhouse, or they may also utilize the disposable shoe-cover booties that will be available.
- No children under the age of 12.
- No food or drink in the home or schoolhouse; light refreshments will be served in the garden.
- No cameras or video equipment.
- Only a limited number of people will be allowed in the house at a time, but once you have entered the property at your appointed time, you may stay on the grounds as long as you like.